Public Service Campaigns
FDA Safety Communication on Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants
The communication includes specific information for orthopaedic surgeons as well as information for patients considering a metal-on-metal hip implant or patients who already have a metal-on-metal hip implant.
In December 2012, the AAOS, in conjunction with the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) and the Hip Society, released an updated information statement called “Current Concerns with Metal-on-Metal Hip Arthroplasty.” Read it here.
For additional information on this topic, visit the Q & A on metal-on-metal hip implants on our patient education website, orthoinfo.org.
If you are seeking an expert to comment on this topic, please contact the AAOS PR department.
- Falling Into Fitness Trends?
- Ellen Moore Named Chief Education Officer at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Surgeons Strongly Object to Changes in the 2014 CMS Physician Fee Schedule
- Snow Shoveling: Throw Out Injuries This Winter, Not Your Back
- Enjoy the Holidays Free from Luggage-related Injuries