The submission process is easy and free of cost. Simply email the story link to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry deadline is Monday, October 12, 2015 and entries must have been published or broadcast between October 1, 2014 and October 1, 2015.
MORE Awards will be given to stories written or produced for a consumer audience in the following categories:
- National & Local Print Journalism: newspapers, magazines.
- National & Local Broadcast Journalism: television, radio.
- Web-specific Journalism: stories created exclusively for an online audience.
- Advocacy and Health Policy Journalism: newspapers, magazines, Internet, television, radio.
The MORE Awards will be presented at an evening banquet in Washington, D.C. at the Academy’s National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference on May 5, 2016.
The 2015 MORE Award winners were a diverse group of health and medical writers, producers and
freelance reporters working for print, broadcast and online outlets, including:
- U.S. News and World Report
- Women’s Health Magazine
- USA Today
- National Public Radio
Orthopaedic surgeons restore mobility and reduce pain; they help people get back to work and to independent, productive lives. Visit ANationInMotion.org to read successful orthopaedic stories.
Newsroom.aaos.org is your source for bone and joint health news, stats, facts, images and spokesperson interview requests.